– Grades 1-4
The following is by no means an exhaustive list of characteristics that should be found within our students. However, it does form the basis of some understanding of what a Christian student should be.
• Desire to follow Christ’s example
• Micah 6:8
• Mark 12:29-31
• Demonstrates a life of joyful service to God and others.
• Demonstrates a desire to learn about, and appropriately use, God’s creation.
• Respects the right of others to speak (listens well - speaks in turn, etc.)
• Pays attention to instructions and lessons, and acts in respectful accordance with them.
• Uses formal titles to address adults and authorities.
• Uses appropriate language (no swearing, etc.) and tone of voice when speaking to others.
• Demonstrates respect for another person’s beliefs.
• Shows respect for the person and property of others (both personal and corporate).
• Shows a respectful attitude toward spiritual matters; i.e. sings reverently, sits quietly and properly during assemblies, respects the spoken and written message.
• Demonstrates proper manners to everyone.
• Uses humour appropriately (for enjoyment, not harm).
• Demonstrates appropriate work habits.
• Works diligently and neatly at assigned tasks (both in class and homework).
• Strives to uncover their special God-given talents and abilities and use them in the service of God and others.
• Be prepared at all time and in all places
• Is helpful to others.
• Assists others in appropriate tasks and behaviour.
• Gives appropriate empathy when/where needed.
– Grades 5-8
"Love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind...; and love your neighbour as yourself." Luke 10:27
Relationship with God
• We will speak of God and His Word in respectful ways.
• We will encourage a close relationship with God, in others as well as ourselves, through
Bible reading, prayer, singing, sharing, etc.
• We will develop and use our God-given talents and abilities in service to God and others.
• Our Relationship with Those in Authority
• We will respect each other in our speech and conduct.
• We will obey those in authority over us.
• We will not accept disrespect shown by others to those in authority.
Relationship to Others
• We will respect and help each other.
• We will address each other properly and kindly.
• We will respect each other's property.
• We will encourage everyone to feel included.
• We will respect each other's body and "personal space".
• We will use humour for enjoyment, not to harm others.
• We will learn to apologize when necessary, and to seek God's strength as we strive to
live in fellowship.
Relationship to our Task at Wallaceburg Christian School
• We will work diligently, since all we do is for the Lord.
• We will pay attention to lessons and instructions.
• We will show a desire to learn about God's creation and use it with respect.
Relationship to School Property
• We will respect school property (furniture, books, equipment, and building).
• We will report any damage done and volunteer to pay for damages if we are responsible.
• We will accept responsibility for the cleanliness of the school and grounds.
• "My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart." Proverbs